Please retain your receipt as our guarantee of quality workmanship
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to the above and other rights and remedies available under law, we offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY on all our workmanship. This warranty is explained in this document.
Process for Claim
If you have a claim of any kind, you must contact us as soon as you become aware of it and we will arrange for an inspection or simply organise to fix your damaged glass.
Conditions of Warranty
Goods installed by us
Should goods installed by us be found to have a manufacturing defect undetected at the time of installation, they will be replaced – free
Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
In addition to any other rights you may have under law, O’Brien offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY for the life of the building on all our workmanship, so long as the damage did not arise from causes beyond our control.
Causes beyond our control includes accident, burglary, negligence (other than negligence of O’Brien personnel), misuse or any other deterioration that is induced environmentally.
- This warranty does not extend to faulty parts used at the request of you or your insurer (eg rollers on doors, shower screens etc) and parts not supplied by us.
- This applies to the workmanship relating to glazing installations and not to other services which will be the subject of a separate guarantee such as film or window tinting services.
- We can’t always match glass exactly
- Unfortunately products and suppliers change over time. If the glass we originally replaced is no longer available, we will match the replacement glass to the original panel to the original glass panel as closely as we can.
How to make a claim
It is a condition of making a claim that:
- you contact us as soon as you become aware of it, and the claim is subject to inspection; and
- you provide us with reasonable evidence of supply by us.
Customers can make a claim by contacting us by: